Great video celebrating the 236th birthday of the US Marines today. I can’t embed it but you can watch it here.
From the USMC website, the Marines prayer which I’ve separated into bullet points because they are a good reminder for us all in work and home:
The Marines’ Prayer
- Almighty Father, whose command is over all and whose love never fails, make me aware of Thy presence and obedient to Thy will.
- Keep me true to my best self, guarding me against dishonesty in purpose in deed and helping me to live so that I can face my fellow Marines, my loved ones and Thee without shame or fear.
- Protect my family.
- Give me the will to do the work of a Marine and to accept my share of responsibilities with vigor and enthusiasm.
- Grant me the courage to be proficient in my daily performance.
- Keep me loyal and faithful to my superiors and to the duties my country and the Marine Corps have entrusted to me.
- Make me considerate of those committed to my leadership.
- Help me to wear my uniform with dignity, and let it remind me daily of the traditions which I must uphold.
- If I am inclined to doubt; steady my faith.
- If I am tempted, make me strong to resist.
- If I should miss the mark, give me courage to try again.
- Guide me with the light of truth and grant me wisdom by which I may understand the answer to my prayer. Amen.